Keeping you safe
COVID-19 & OSTEOPATHY: OUR SAFETY PROCEDURES
Currently we are closed for face to face appointments but are offering Telephone / Video consultations for screening, diagnosis and advice in order to continue offering support to new and existing patients.
Osteopaths are primary health practitioners and are permitted to practice, but we have taken this decision in order to help minimise potential viral spread at this stage.
We are now reviewing when to re open in line with current advice and common sense.
Upon reopening we will operate under careful infection control measures the are likely to continue for up to 18 months.
Our measures include:
- Pre appointment telephone screening for Covid 19 symptoms, details of recent travel and potential exposure to those who may be a risk as a carrier or in a category of high risk if they were to contract the virus.
- Practitioners will continue to screen themselves in the same way on a daily basis.
- Repetition of the screening process at the start of a face-to-face consultation. Appointments may be postponed if a risk is identified.
- All patients will be asked to thoroughly clean their hands upon arrival. High alcohol content hand sanitizer will be provided.
- We will be wearing single use protective FFP2 face masks, glasses, aprons and gloves for all treatments which will be replaced for each treatment
- Plastic couch covers and pillowcases are now in use. We will clean these with agents known to neutralise any possible traces of viral residue. As per normal the couch will also be covered in disposable paper sheeting. The pillow gets a double layer.
- All surfaces and frequently touched areas such as desks, door handles and light switches will be cleaned after each appointment.
- The treatment room will be ventilated between each treatment.